Saturday 3 May 2014

Introduction

Welcome to the Adventures on the Go blog. I am relatively new to the Go language. What better way to build a thorough understanding than to look at how the toolchain and compiler works?

The toolchain currently supports a number of popular architecture (x86, amd64 and arm) but lacks support for PowerPC. Also, the toolchain is largely undocumented, except for some old plan 9 documents from the more than 10 years ago. This seems like a good area to explore for a project.

Porting the toolchain to a new processor architecture will certainly be difficult to achieve, considering my lack of experience in compilers and linkers. I hope to document what I learn about the toolchain along the way so that it can help others who want to explore it. This is the central purpose of this blog. I hope that it is helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment